Monday, March 22, 2010

A Mom's Prayer

By Jo Ann Hutsell
Psalms 116:1-2
I love the LORD, because he hath heard my voice and my supplications. Because he hath inclined his ear unto me, therefore will I call upon him as long as I live (KJV).


We live in hard times, but sometimes the hardest thing to do is just pray.

When our first son was born, I used to rock him in a squeaky old rocker. Long after he had gone to sleep, I would still be holding him, rocking and singing. I would sometimes pray into the night for the tiny life I held in my arms. Our friends and family told me I would be sorry, but I don’t regret one moment of lost sleep. He is now over six feet tall and far too big to fit in my arms! Yet I still hold him in my heart and sometimes pray far into the night for him and his brother.

Intercession is something we can’t take lightly; we must pray without ceasing.

If there is one thing this life has taught me, it is that I can’t wait until the midst of a crisis to begin praying. I don’t always know how to pray for my children and grandchildren. At those times, I just have to do like the disciples did and ask Jesus to teach me to pray as I ought. I didn’t make all of the right decisions and choices when my boys were growing into men, but my choice to pray for them was always right.

No comments:

Post a Comment